2019 Iowa State Corn Husking Competition – Sept. 14th
- Iowa State Corn Husking Competition!
With horse drawn wagons, this event is a true look back on history. 9 states total hold a corn husking competition and the winners move on to nationals. You will not want to miss this amazing event and see how corn husking was done years ago with horses and all. This event will be an all day event with lots of activities.
Seed Corn provided by
- Junk Fest – Vendors will be selling re-purposed items, upscale junk, cool rusty decor, rescued farm items that have become so popular and much much more.
- Food, food, food – Yes, there will be food vendors all day to satisfy your hunger needs. From kettle corn to cheeseburgers to some amazing BBQ you will find something you love for sure.
- Kid’s Corner – there will be a Kid’s area where you can turn the little ones loose and let them enjoy some activities. This area will be free so no need to worry about buying tickets. A Bounce House, Corn box where they can dig, popcorn and more, we are expecting to have a wide variety of activities for them to enjoy.
- Area attractions and places to stay – We will be posting information on places to stay, RV parks, hotels, etc to make sure we have you covered when it comes to spending the weekend in SW Iowa for this event. No worries, we are working on all the links, maps and information for you.
- Bed & Breakfast: https://www.google.com/search?q=southwest+iowa+bed+and+breakfast&oq=sw+iowa+bed&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0.6189j0j4&client=ms-android-om-lge&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#istate=lrl:xpd&rlhd=2017-09-16,2017-09-17&rltbs=lf_hd:-1,lf_ho:2,lf_maxhp:-1,lf_maxhpitems:75-100-125-150,lf_maxhpcur:USD,lf_d:-1,lf_msr:-1,lf_ha:-1,lf_haitems:98,ls:7,lp:O!2!0!2
- Another great event to attend: http://www.carstensfarm.com/farmdays.html
- Make sure you like us on Facebook and share our page with all your friends
- For information about being a vendor, Junk Fest or Food vendor please contact Sara Skidmore 712-370-5745 or email at email@example.com
- Details coming soon! Check back often for news and updates on this spectacular event held in SW Iowa.